“Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord. ” (Psalm 89:14)
It’s so easy in today’s world to let “life” get you down. Each of us goes through the days, weeks, months, and years trying to make the best with what each day brings. I know there have been days in my own life where I look at events and wonder “why” or “how.” I wonder how things may have turned out differently had I made different decisions. I wonder why certain things happened the way they did. Many times, I can remember having my own “pity party” and feeling sorry for what I thought could have been. I would focus on the problems and what I felt was going wrong, instead of realizing how good I really have it.
If you’re going through one of those “pity parties” in life, it helps to remind yourself of what is truly important in life. Here are 10 things to remember that will help you realize you are truly blessed, regardless of your current circumstances:
- If you were able to get out of bed this morning and your feet touched the ground, you are blessed.
- If you have relatively good health, you are blessed.
- If you can breathe air through your lungs, you are blessed.
- If you have food to eat, no matter how basic, you are blessed.
- If you have a roof over your head and access to transportation, even temporary, you are blessed.
- If you have a loving and supporting family who believe in you, you are blessed.
- If you have close friends, you are blessed.
- If you have the ability to read and write and learn and practice your faith, you are blessed.
- If you have seen a sunrise and sunset, you are blessed.
- If you have witnessed the beauty of the ocean waves and the majesty of the highest mountains, you are blessed.
Even during the darkest of valley, never lose sight of the fact that you really are blessed beyond measure.
Other Posts You May Enjoy
Thank You for Visiting Courage For Today
Courage For Today was founded in 2008 by Mike Weaver. Our mission is to provide Hope and Encouragement for your Daily Christian Walk and show Christians that Finding Hope is always possible with God’s promises. Read all of our articles at the full Courage For Today Blog to get a glimpse of how God can work in your own life. If you are in need of prayer support, please don’t hesitate to Ask for Prayer. If you simply want to ask or question or make a comment, you can click here to get in touch with Mike. Thank you for visiting and may God Bless.